1. How many other businesses are at this location?
The more the better – the more opportunities you’ll have to network with others.
2. Do you have any other locations besides this one?
Depending on your type of business, there may be times when it’s more convenient for you to use an alternative location. Find out where the other locations are and what the options and exprenses are if you want to use one of them.
3. What services do you include with the rent you charge?
You don’t want any surprises so make sure you get a list of what’s included in your rent.
Do I have to use my own furniture?
How much conference room time do I get?
What are the extras I have to pay for?
- A private office
- Mail services
- Meeting rooms
- Business services and common areas
4. Find out as much as you can about ownership and management of the suites.
How involved are the owners?
How long have they been in business?
How many staff do they have?
Who’s available in cases of emergency?
5. Can I have a quick tour?
It’s always nice to see what the suite looks like in general and whether or not it is well kept and maintained. Remember you spend a lot of your waking hours at the office, so it should be a place you ‘want’ to go to, and it should exude a clean and inviting appeal.